Thursday, March 20, 2008

Subway

  Do people really like Subway sandwiches? Or better yet the quality of said sandwich? Or even the manor that said sandwich is prepared and served?? Well, let me tell you I sure as hell don't... This all comes up because yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to have lunch at Subway. Boy oh boy was that a mistake. It seems every time I go to Subway when I leave I say to myself "I am never going back there!" Once again yesterday I left with the same thought. Let me share a lil insight into this Subway visit. So I walk in mosey up to the counter order my sandwich and they ask me if I would like it toasted? So like  the silly grey house mouse falls for the cheese in a trap I say "sure" toasted sounds great.  Less than 30 seconds later my sandwich comes out on fire! I shit you not people on FIRE! Following this the young lady behind the counter not seeming to really care (like sandwiches catch on fire all the time on her shift) asks me to join the line and she will "get me again in a sec".. So I was a bit confused by this whole process. I mean she caught my sandwich on fire and I have to go to the end of the line...?? Really?! So I wait in line till it comes my turn again. When I arrive at the counter again the girl behind the counter asks "what did you have again?" I almost loose my shit at this point! So I tell her the Club she asks "would you like it toasted?" So I think there is no way this will happen again. Luckily it didn't.. So we get to move on to the next portion of the Subway fun which is where they ask you what you would like on your sandwich. So we go through the process I am like"lettuce, tomato, cocaine, pickles blah blah blah" and I have to tell the girl Don't get cheap on the lettuce now I mean she was treating the iceberg lettuce like it was some sort of currency.. After that comes the condiments. So I am asked "mayo, mustard?" I respond a lil honey mustard.. Apparently a lil honey mustard means I am gonna pour honey mustard on this sandwich like its on fire and I need to put it out. Oh wait! After all of this I finally sit down to enjoy my honey mustard sandwich and vowed once again never to set foot in a damn subway for as long as I get to roam this earth... Stay tuned for tomorrow when I will go back to the regularly scheduled program of bitching about the music business. Until then please feel free to share with me your subway stories.

2 comments:

lk said...

You are funny today, I like you.

Anonymous said...

I can't go there because of how much nasty mustard they squirt all over my sandwiches. It's like they want their work to taste horrible.

love this blog bytheway.