Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Hardest Part.....A Break Up Story..


"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson


The Break up I am refering to is not with my lovely lady friend but with a band that I truly love and belive in.. See in this world that I work in there is always something bigger and better and that kids is "NASHVILLE".. Even though i work for one of the largest companies in the S.E there is always the promise of something bigger and better when you go to "NASHVILLE". I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression here. I have no problems with "music city" I think it is a lovely place and I have some dear friends there. It is just hard when you work your ass off for a client and are a part in building them up and then they leave for greener pasture's. The whole situation is very bitter sweet and a total catch 22. When you truly have put your heart and soul into a project you want the best for it. It is just sometimes hard to watch it go or realize that you are no longer the best man for the job. It was a sad day for me! The quote above is so true yet so false. On one hand it give me comfort, but on the other it makes me anxious and uneasy. I really hope no one takes this as anything negative, but for just how I feel. I really do wish the guys the best of luck and I know they will go far, just sad I am not along for the ride..

2 comments:

lk said...

thanks for sharing, I know it isn't easy, but I know there will be greener pastures that await you, my love!

Anonymous said...

Excellent quote. LK is right....greener pastures await you :)
-Emily