Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Road/Crazy Week

 Hello blog. Did you miss me? Yeah I missed you too! So I left off that I would be heading out on the road with one of the bands I work with for the weekend. It was a rather short weekend for the most part just two shows one at Billy Bobs Tx in Ft. Worth and the other at Blaine's Pub in San Angelo. Ft. Worth and Billy Bobs is always a blast. The folks there just treat you great and by great I mean you have the worst headache known to man the next day.. Other than that had a fun weekend out with the guys. Both shows were really good! However I was so tired when I got home it has been hard to catch up on sleep this week hence no time to write. Although I have been exhausted all week and have not had much time to do anything but work I did find the time to organize my room. I moved into my apt almost a year ago since then I have done nothing to my room. The living room and common areas of my apt look great my room however has looked like a giant laundry hamper since day one.. So finally after almost a year I got sick of it! I cleaned every thing up jumped on good ole craigslist found a desk and chair for next to nothing and now my room feels great! I can actually do things other than sleep in it now.. Like for instance sit at my new desk and write about nothing. Other than that my week was busy but pretty normal. I worked every day and went out and saw bands every night. I guess the best part of the week came on Thursday night. I went to San Marcos to see one our clients open for the Eli Young Band. For those of you who don't know San Marcos is mostly a college town. So I show up to the venue with some of my co-workers go up to the bar and order a beer. The bartender hands me my beer and it is warm. Having had a long day I look at her and say "this isn't going to work. This beer is warm I am not a college kid I like cold beer". She then looks at me and responds "no shit you must be like 30 here is a cold one" WOW!! I was lost for words and this rarely happens to me. I mean come on I know I don't look 20 but for crying out loud I don't look "old"... By no means am I saying 30 is old or anything but I am not there yet so would like to think I still look like I am in my 20's. So anyway that was the total highlight of my week. I guess I should start getting more sleep or something. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend Kiehl's Light, Nourishing Eye Cream; it's $20 for a 0.5 oz tube BUT it will make you look like a bebe again.

Scott Hekman said...

lolz on the previous comment. well i guess you have a decent excuse for us not hanging out for the past 2 weeks. when's kickball start up again?