Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Lurking Hangover......

Has anyone ever had a hangover hit them about 4 hours after they woke up after a night of drinking? I know crazy! So last night I went out with some friends, clients and co-workers for dinner then to go see a show. At dinner I had a beer with my steak and a couple glasses of water. From there we proceeded to a new venue off I-35 and 2222 called Rock City Ice House. Normally I don't venture across the river very often as like the comfort of my S.Austin hangouts but one of our clients was playing a show. So there I have a couple large draft beers over the course of about a hour and a half no biggie. After that we venture back across the river to the Stardust.. If you have never been to the Stardust boy are you in for a treat.. I dont think the Stardust ever not even for a second paid attention to the smoking ban. Hell they may have not even ever known there was one. This place just smells like a ashtray. Don't get me wrong I enjoy an occasional smoke from time to time but one hour at the Stardust and you are a prime canidate for lung cancer. So back to the story. At the Stardust I drink about 3 bottled beers in about 2 hours while shooting a few games of pool (tue night is free pool at Stardust). So you may wonder why I have given you in detail what I drank and how long it took me. The reason is that around noon today I got a horrible hangover!!! I don't get it! I got up at 9 a.m came to work and felt fine.. Then I leave to go to lunch and just start feeling like shit.. I mean even though I did not drink very much I took all the "proper precautions"that I would had I drank enough to kill a baby whale like I do in most case's. Self contol and I have issues. By "proper precautions" I mean I took some advil and drank a gallon of water.. So I am at a total loss at to how/why this mystery hangover came about. If anyone has any thoughts or scientifc reasoning on why this happend please let me know. Untill then I will just sit here and wish I was laying on my couch drinking fresca and watching Tyra or People's court or whatever people watch at 2:30 on a week day afternoon. Until something cool happens or I get bored. Keep it real!

1 comment:

lk said...

Can't wait to nurse you back to health, love (not that kind of nurse, Weed)