Monday, February 4, 2008

Things that make me want to pull the trigger!

I realize the title is a bit dramatic. However some of the things I have to deal with on a daily basis with my job warrant such drama. In the course of however long I decide to keep writing you will hear my frustrations with work namely flakey people. You will also get to read all kinds of cliche "music industry" things like "Show confirmed" "I will take that offer to management" and my favorite "SHADY DIRT BAG PROMOTER'!! You see in the nature of what I get to do for a living you deal with lots of "SHADY DIRT BAG PROMOTER" types. Most recently I got a email last night from one of my artists that a show that I confirmed with one of these "PROMOTER" type gentlemen has not been confirmed and it is now too late to get him on the show (always great when one of your clients knows things before you) not good! The great part of this is that the "PROMOTER" is a family friend of said artist..... Got to find me a friend like this! So now to make a long story short I am going to get to deal with this shit storm and its gonna blow! I know it does not seem like a big deal but when you are a artist with a family banking on a considerable amount of money not to mention the date that is promised to you to preform in front of a big crowd its frustrating. So now I am going to have to scramble to try to find a show two weeks out which will be impossible. Don't get me wrong this artist will not starve to death by any means by loosing this show! Just would be nice for things to happen that are promised.
Man it really sounds like I hate my job which is not true at all. I actually love what I do. I guess as much as you can love a job at least. Well now that I have bitched it all out lets see if I can fix this debacle.......... Is is Friday yet??????????

1 comment:

lk said...

You sound crazy, you know that? And what's the deal with the dramatic titles? I hope some CIA-type doesn't come to your door tonight and take you away. Man, I hate shady people, replace that with "shady, big headed reporter types" and its the same thing I get to deal with :)